The purpose of this article is to showcase how to leverage AWS service capabilities to deliver better care to patients. AWS has a unique set of services and features that allow us to integrate natively with market leading SaaS solutions without the need of writing or maintaining code or purchasing hardware.
According to the National Centre for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), between 23% and 34% of outpatient appointments are missed annually. This not only has financial implications for organizations but also, patients who frequently miss medical appointments have poorer health outcomes and are less likely to use preventive health care services. One possible solution is implementing appointment reminders. They have been shown to effectively reduce no-show rates, and by extension, reduce readmission and improve patient outcomes. With the help of the AWS Cloud, implementing these types of workflows are no longer an endeavor where infrastructure and hardware need to be procured, but rather a configuration driven activity with a flexible pay as you go pricing structure.
In this article, we will describe the components required to setup a real-time event pipeline between Salesforce Health Cloud and Amazon Pinpoint and showcase an end to end appointment reminder workflow. Deployment steps do not require the rollout of any server infrastructure. All services mentioned above are managed by AWS.
- With Salesforce Health Cloud, care teams have easy access to clinical and non-clinical patient and member data including current health conditions and medications, appointment history, communication preferences, and data from the EHR and other systems. Teams are able to work smarter across entire patient and member groups to provide insightful care faster. In our workflow, we will use it for creating and storing patients and appointments.
- For collection of real-time events we have Amazon Appflow, a fully managed integration service that enables you to securely transfer and transform data between software as a service (SaaS) applications such as Salesforce, SAP, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and ServiceNow, and AWS services like Amazon Eventbridge, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) and Amazon Redshift.
- Next we have Amazon EventBridge, a serverless event bus that helps you receive, filter, transform, route, and deliver events.
- Assisting with the execution of business logic, we have AWS Lambda, a serverless, event-driven compute service that lets you run code for virtually any type of application or backend service without provisioning or managing servers.
- For notification distribution, we will leverage Amazon Pinpoint. Amazon Pinpoint is an AWS service that you can use to engage with your patients across multiple messaging channels. You can use Amazon Pinpoint to send push notifications, in-app notifications, emails, text messages, voice messages, and messages over custom channels. It includes segmentation, campaign, and journey features that help you send the right message to the right patient at the right time over the right channel.
Once services are deployed and configured, you can start scheduling appointments in the Salesforce Health Cloud console. In this example, we have a Seasonal Flu Booster shot appointment for January 11th at 1:45pm.
At a configurable time before the scheduled appointment, and based on the mobile phone number captured during the patient interaction, the patients will receive a mobile notification reminding them of the time and place of the upcoming encounter. Amazon Pinpoint allows for fully configurable message content and frequency of delivery.
Here at AWS we like to Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History, and together with health agencies across the globe, we deliver millions of vaccine registrations, booking notifications, and appointment reminders every single year.
To learn more about the work AWS is doing in healthcare and life sciences across the globe, visit AWS for Health and AWS Healthcare Solutions. Interested in discussing patient engagement projects with AWS? Contact your AWS account manager, or send an inquiry to the AWS Public Sector Sales Team to learn more.