I set up cross-realm trust with an Active Directory domain on a Kerberized Amazon EMR cluster. I need to change the principal password.
Amazon EMR creates a krbtgt principal using the cross-realm trust principal password that you specify at cluster launch. This principal is stored in the key distribution center (KDC) on the master node. It looks like this:
To update the cross-realm trust principal password:
1. Connect to the master node using SSH.
2. Open the kadmin.local tool:
3. List all principals to find the principal that you want to update (for example, krbtgt/MYADDOMAIN.COM@MYEMRDOMAIN.COM):
4. Run the following command to update the password for the cross-realm trust principal. In the following example, replace krbtgt/MYADDOMAIN.COM@MYEMRDOMAIN.COM with your principal.
5. Exit the kadmin.local tool:
6. To confirm that the new password works, obtain a Kerberos ticket for an Active Directory user and then list HDFS files. Example:
hdfs dfs -ls /tmp
Tutorial: Configure a cross-realm trust with an Active Directory domain
How can I renew an expired Kerberos ticket that I'm using for Amazon EMR authentication?