re:Post Community Guidelines
Last updated: July 15, 2022
AWS re:Post is a cloud knowledge service for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) community. The mission of re:Post is to provide an environment where every AWS customer feels welcomed to ask questions and share their knowledge about AWS services. Anyone can access re:Post, but to interact with the community, you must sign in with your AWS credentials.
Before using re:Post, please familiarize yourself with these Community Guidelines. Failure to follow these Community Guidelines may result in removal of your posts or loss of access to re:Post.
To maintain a safe, inclusive, and productive environment, we require community members to adhere to the following:
Be Respectful – To maintain a welcoming environment for all re:Post community members, always be respectful to others.
- Don't post threatening or inflammatory content.
- Don't use re:Post to engage in or promote illegal or fraudulent activity, or to post illegal or fraudulent content.
- Don't post content that expresses, encourages, or promotes hatred or intolerance against others.
- Don't post your private information or content that invades the privacy of others. For example, don't post phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, or other personal information.
- Don't attempt to drown out other people's opinions, including posting from multiple accounts or coordinating with others.
- Don't engage in name-calling or otherwise attack others.
- Be patient and supportive when communicating with others. re:Post is a global community, and users may not be posting in their primary language. Ask polite clarifying questions if needed to better understand other users.
- You may question the beliefs and expertise of others as long as it is relevant and done in a respectful and non-threatening manner.
- Don't continue to communicate with someone when they have requested for the communication to be discontinued.
- Don't copy content from others. The content and images in your posts should represent your own thoughts, work, and knowledge.
- Don't spam the re:Post community
Be Helpful – Post content that helps address questions and advances the community’s knowledge of AWS services.
- Search before you ask. Your question may have already been answered by someone else, and repetitive content can be more distracting than helpful.
- Post in the correct topic space and use the correct tags to help keep re:Post organized.
- Provide feedback to the answers that you receive to your question. This helps close the thread and allows others to find helpful answers.
Be Relevant – Be sure that the content you post on re:Post is relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Use re:Post to get answers to your technical questions about AWS services. Don’t post content that isn’t relevant to AWS services.
Be Appropriate – re:Post is a forum for professionals, so keep user names and posts work and family safe for all users.
- Don't post or link to sexually explicit content.
- Don't post obscene or profane language or content.
- Don't post content that can be political in nature.
Provide Feedback – Let us know how we can improve re:Post. We welcome and encourage feedback from the re:Post community. Please submit feedback through re:Post Community Feedback.
You have the option of choosing a user name for re:Post. Your user name is the name you will be known by on re:Post and will be visible to the public. Usernames must be alphanumeric and may contain an underscore (for example, John_D for John Doe). Usernames must not contain or imply abuse words.
re:Post provides a secure digital space to identify and share best practices. Any attempt to manipulate re:Post content or features, or to contribute false or misleading information, is strictly prohibited. Offering or receiving compensation in exchange for creating, modifying, or posting content in violation of these Community Guidelines is not allowed.
We have procedures to review and take immediate actions to keep re:Post a trusted community site. If you believe a post violates these Community Guidelines, follow the steps below to report it.
- Sign in to re:Post.
- Open the question or the answer, and then choose the “Flag“ button.
- Select “Inappropriate“ to mark the question or the answer as abusive, and then select “Flag“ to submit.