I'm sorry, this isn't a resolution that works with CloudFormation. You want us to update the secret and then change the VersionId in EVERY template using the password EVERY TIME we update a password manually?
Templates should work dynamically with your services, give us an option to simply use the latest version of a secret stored in secret manager and make redeploying that same template grab the latest secret.
Edit: This is a better solution https://stackoverflow.com/a/60067235/357291
Thank you for your comment. We'll review and update the Knowledge Center article as needed.
- asked 2 years ago
- asked 3 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 8 months ago
- How can I immediately delete a Secrets Manager secret so that I can create a new secret with the same name?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 5 months ago