I want agents in my Amazon Connect contact center to have the option to directly transfer customers to another agent who isn't currently available. How do I set up contact transfers to do that?
To allow agents in your Amazon Connect contact center to transfer contacts to another agent who isn't available, do the following:
1. Create a Transfer to agent contact flow.
2. Create an Agent quick connect that allows agents to transfer contacts to other agents.
For more information, see Set up agent-to-agent transfers.
Note: By default, each agent in your Amazon Connect contact center has their own agent queue. If an agent is unavailable, a contact can still be transferred to that agent's queue. For more information, see Transfer contacts to a specific agent.
Create a Transfer to agent contact flow
1. Log in to your Amazon Connect instance using your access URL (https://alias.awsapps.com/connect/login -or- https://domain.my.connect.aws).
Important: You must log in as a user that has sufficient permissions in their security profile.
2. Follow the instructions in Set up the "Transfer to agent" contact flow.
Note: It's a best practice to include Check hours of operation and Check staffing contact blocks before transferring a contact to an agent. These contact blocks verify that the incoming contact is within working hours and that agents are staffed to service the contact. For more information, see Best practices for Amazon Connect.
Create an Agent quick connect that allows agents to transfer contacts to another agent
1. Create an Agent quick connect by following the instructions in Create the quick connect.
2. Add the quick connect to your agents' queues by following the instructions in Allow agents to see quick connects.
3. Confirm that the queues that include your quick connect are in a routing profile assigned to the agents who will use the quick connect. For more information, see Set up routing.
For more information, see How do I allow agents in my Amazon Connect contact center to transfer contacts using the CCP?
To test the setup
1. Log in to the Amazon Connect Contact Control Panel (CCP) as an agent in your contact center.
Note: Make sure that you log in as an agent who can see the quick connect that you created.
2. Place an outbound call as a test.
3. Transfer the call using the quick connect.
The contact is routed to the receiving agent's queue, and the first prompt plays. When the receiving agent becomes available, the call is routed to the agent.
How routing works
Provide access to the contact control panel
Add custom agent status
How do I change or remove the default message played when transferring a call to a queue in Amazon Connect?