I want to receive notifications for AWS Direct Connect scheduled maintenance or events.
To help you manage events, the AWS Personal Health Dashboard displays relevant information and provides notifications for activities. You can use the Personal Health Dashboard with the following steps to receive notifications for scheduled maintenance or events that affect Direct Connect.
Note: The following steps deploy an AWS CloudFormation stack that sends an automated email notification when an event is posted in the Personal Health Dashboard.
Set up an email notification
- From the AWS CloudFormation console, choose Create Stack.
- Select With new resources (standard).
- In Prerequisite - Prepare template, select the radio button Template is ready.
- In Specify template, select the radio button Amazon S3 URL, enter https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws-health-tools-assets/cloudformation-templates/DX_Notifier.json, and then choose Next.
- In stack name, enter a name for the stack.
- In EmailAddress, enter the email address to subscribe to the Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) topic, and then choose Next.
- (Optional) Add Tags. For more information, see Resource tag.
- (Optional) In permissions, select IAM role name or IAM role ARN, and then choose Next. For more information, see IAM identifiers.
- Choose Next and review the configuration.
- Select the I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources agreement, and then choose Submit.
(Optional) Include additional email addresses to receive the SNS notifications
If you want to add additional email addresses for SNS notifications, then subscribe to the topic by completing the following steps:
- From the Amazon SNS console, in the navigation pane, choose Topics.
- Choose DXMaintNotify, Actions, and then choose Subscribe to topic.
- In Create subscription, choose Protocol, and then choose Email.
- In Endpoint, type the email address, and then choose Create Subscription.
You can download custom notifications for AWS Health events for other services in AWS Health Tools. For more information about Amazon SNS, see What is Amazon SNS?
Troubleshooting AWS Direct Connect
How do I set an Active/Passive Direct Connect connection to AWS?
What Is AWS Health?