I want to see my Reserved Instance (RI) utilization and coverage.
You can use AWS Cost Explorer to generate the RI utilization and RI coverage reports. With these reports, you can dive deeper into RIs for the following services:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Amazon ElastiCache
- Amazon MemoryDB for Redis
- Amazon OpenSearch Service
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
RI utilization and coverage
You can use your RI utilization reports and RI coverage reports to understand where your highest RI costs are. Also, how you can potentially lower RI costs.
To view your RI utilization and RI coverage reports, do the following:
- Open the AWS Cost Management console.
- In the left navigation pane, choose Reports.
- To view the RI utilization report, choose RI Utilization.
To view the RI coverage report, choose RI Coverage.
- In the right navigation pane for Report parameters, select the service for which you require the utilization data.
For information on how to use the RI utilization reports, see How do I use the Reserved Instance utilization report in Cost Explorer?
For information on how to use the RI coverage reports, see How do I use the Reserved Instance coverage report in Cost Explorer?
To view RI purchase recommendations that could help reduce your costs, in the navigation pane choose Reservations, and then choose Recommendations. For more information, see Accessing Reserved Instance recommendations.
Reserved Instance reports
Understanding your reservations with Cost Explorer
Reserved Instance reporting
How can I use Cost Explorer to analyze my spending and usage?