What do I do if the tax I'm charged for AWS services is incorrect?

2 minute read

I'm charged the incorrect amount or type of tax.

Short description

To determine your account's location for tax purposes, AWS uses the tax registration number (TRN) and the business legal address associated with the account. If you don't provide a TRN or business legal address, then AWS uses the address of the account's default payment method, the account's billing address, and the account's contact address to determine the account's tax jurisdiction.

A TRN might also be known as a value-added tax (VAT) number, VAT ID, VAT registration number, or Business Registration Number.

If you're charged the incorrect amount or type of tax, update your account's information to make sure that the information is accurate.


To update your account information

If you're the payer account and have a TRN, the TRN must be applied to each linked account for the tax charges to be calculated correctly.

For more information on how AWS calculates tax, see Amazon Web Services Tax Help.

Note: AWS Support can't provide tax advice. If you have questions about your tax obligation, consult your tax advisor.

Related information

Tax registration numbers

AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
No comments