How do I delete the dedicated phone numbers that I purchased through Amazon Pinpoint if I've already deleted all my Amazon Pinpoint projects?
4 minute read
I deleted all Amazon Pinpoint projects in my account, but I still see a charge for a Monthly Local Phone Number Lease every month. Why am I still being charged for the lease, and how do I stop these charges?
When you delete an Amazon Pinpoint project, then account-level resources for your AWS account aren't deleted. You'll continue to see charges for account-level resources on your monthly AWS invoice until you remove the resources from your account.
For example, the following types of dedicated phone numbers are account-level resources and aren't deleted when you delete an Amazon Pinpoint project:
2. In the left navigation pane, under Settings, choose SMS and voice.
3. In the 10DLC campaigns tab, select the campaign that you want to delete.
4. Choose Delete. A confirmation window appears.
5. In the confirmation window text entry box, enter delete. Then, choose Delete.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each of the campaigns that you want to remove from your account.
7. (Optional) To begin the process of removing your 10DLC company registrations, choose Request to delete company. The AWS Support Dashboard opens. Then, follow steps 5-12 in the Deleting a company section of Editing or deleting a registered company.
Note: To remove a 10DLC company registration from your account, you must create a case in the AWS Support Center.
2. In the top-right Support menu, choose Support Center.
3. Choose Create case.
4. On the Create case page, choose Service limit increase.
5. In the Case details section, for Limit type, choose Pinpoint SMS.
6. In the Requests section, do the following:
For Region, choose the AWS Region that your short code is provisioned in.
For Resource type, choose Dedicated SMS Short Codes.
For Limit, choose the value that most closely describes your use case.
For New limit value, enter any value. It doesn't matter what value you enter, but you must enter a value.
7. In the Use case description section, enter a short description that includes the following information:
A statement saying that you no longer need your short code, and that you want it removed from your account.
The short code number that you want removed from your account.
Example use case description for requesting the removal of a dedicated short code from an account
"We no longer need the short code 55555. Please remove it from our account."
8. Choose Submit.
Note: AWS Support will respond to your request within 24 hours, but it can take more time to remove the short code from your account.