I'm trying to send a test email report in Amazon QuickSight, but no data is appearing on the visuals. How do I resolve this?
You receive the one of the following errors:
Report was not sent because no data on all visuals caused by dynanic default parameter.
Report was not sent because no data on all visuals (User: All)), when using Static Default parameters with filters.
The preceding errors occur when there's a dynamic or static default parameter on the QuickSight dashboard that causes no data to appear on the visuals. For example, if a parameter is linked to a filter and the filter doesn't match any value in the dataset, then the data doesn't appear. When there is no visible data on the dashboard visual, then QuickSight can't send the email.
Note: QuickSight email reports use only the static default value for parameters. Dynamic default values are ignored.
Note: If you receive errors when running the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI) commands, make sure that you're using the most recent AWS CLI version.
To resolve this issue, edit the dynamic or static default parameters and the filters or controls that you linked them to.
Complete the following steps:
1. Open the Amazon QuickSight console.
2. Choose Dashboards, and then select the dashboard that's experiencing the issue.
3. Note the dashboard ID from the browser URL to use in step 4.
For example, https://us-east-1.quicksight.aws.amazon.com/sn/dashboards/a1bc123d-abc1-abc2-abc3-abcdefef12345
4. Run the following describe-dashboard CLI command to identify the analysis that the dashboard is published from:
aws quicksight describe-dashboard --aws-account-id account_id --dashboard-id dashboard_id
Note: Replace account_id with your AWS account ID and dashboard_id with the dashboard's ID.
5. Note the source entity (analysis) ARN from the output to use in step 7.
Example output excerpt:
Note: In the preceding example output excerpt, the source entity ARN is e87fc9ae-e7dd-41b0-98e4-b7246eddf8ba.
6. In the Amazon QuickSight console, choose Analyses.
- Add the analysis ARN to the end of the browser URL, and press Enter.
For example, https://us-east-1.quicksight.aws.amazon.com/sn/analyses/e87fc9ae-e7dd-41b0-98e4-b7246eddf8ba
8. On the Controls Panel, edit each control, and note the name of the parameters.
9. In the left navigation pane, choose Filter, and then edit each filter. Check if there are any parameters that are used.
10. In the left navigation pane, choose Parameters, and then edit the parameters that you identified in steps 7 and 8. Verify if any dynamic or static default values are set.