GameLift Plug-in for Unity now available
Hello GameLift devs,
Today, the GameLift team is excited to announce the general availability of the GameLift Plug-in for Unity. With this update, you can use native Unity user interfaces and workflows to access GameLift APIs and deploy AWS CloudFormation templates for common gaming scenarios.
The GameLift Plug-in for Unity provides everything you need to access GameLift APIs. After downloading and installing the plugin package into your Unity development environment, you can use the native plugin UI to configure their plugin settings, perform local testing of builds of their game server, and import and run a sample Unity game. The GameLift Unity plugin also includes five pre-built CloudFormation sample scenarios that you can customize for their game, making it easier to integrate GameLift with AWS. The five deployment scenarios include:
- Auth Only - this scenario create a game backend service that performs player authentication.
- Single-Region Fleet - this scenario creates a game backend service with a single GameLift fleet.
- Multi-Region Fleets with Queue and Custom Matchmaker - in this scenario, GameLift queues are used in conjunction with a customer matchmaker. The custom matchmaker forms matches by taking the oldest players in the waiting pool. When there are enough players for a match, the AWS Lambda handler starts a queue placement.
- SPOT Fleets with Queue and Custom Matchmaker - this scenario is the same as Multi-Region Fleets with Queue and Custom Matchmaker except it configures three fleets. Two of the fleets are SPOT fleets containing nuanced instance types.
- FlexMatch - this scenario uses GameLift FlexMatch, a customizable matchmaking service for multiplayer games.
You can deploy these five scenarios from the GameLift Plug-in for Unity.
Get stated now by visiting our GitHub page: https://github.com/aws/amazon-gamelift-plugin-unity.
Mark Choi, GameLift PM
Major GameLift FlexMatch update now Generally Available
GameLift in 2020 - Major GameLift FleetIQ update now available in General Availability
GameLift support for Queue Notifications now available in General Availabilityasked a year ago
GameLift Server SDK now supports Unreal Engine 4.25 and Unity 2020asked 2 years ago
Building the GameLift Server SDK plugin for Unreal Engine versions greater than 4.21Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
GameLift Plug-in for Unity now availableasked 9 months ago
Gamelift Unity Ubuntu Build Failedasked 2 years ago
Unity plugin for Gamelift failing to deployasked 14 days ago
Support for Unity 2019 in GameLift Realtime Client SDKasked 2 years ago
Help for implementing GameLift in UnityAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago