There are a couple of ways you could potentially do this.
Once the game session has started, you can invoke UpdatePlayerSessionCreationPolicy through the server SDK with a DENY_ALL policy. This prevents the game session from accepting new players
Alternatively if this decision is being made outside of the game server itself (for instance a backend client service):
- You could call the UpdateGameSession API with the required max player session count, to update the maximum number of players that can be connected simultaneously to the game session.
- You could call the UpdateGameSession API with a DENY_ALL player session creation policy. This will prevent the game session from accepting any new players.
- Accepted Answerasked 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 years ago
- How do I set up the AWS Load Balancer Controller on an Amazon EKS cluster for Fargate and deploy the 2048 game?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
Thanks! Will try this out and keep you updated!