Now, my site name is registered with GoDaddy. I don't want/can't move my domain registration to AWS.
Once I associate my LightSail Ip address with my domain name,
- will I be able to use AWS Certificate Manager to create SSL certificate?
Not sure about that ... my recommendation would be to use LetsEncrypt for SSL certificates.
- will I be able to use CloudFront in this setup?
I think so. IIRC, cloudfront just requires that you associate a CNAME with your domain.
- What will happen with my email? The one that I have currently at hosting provider will be gone... so, what do I do here?
You'll have to setup new email. Personally, I use google apps, but there are a number of good providers.
thank you! I will follow these directions.
- Accepted Answerasked 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 20 days ago