Back when CentOS 8 was available in Lightsail (removed about a month ago for some reason, even tho CentOS 7 remains!) we migrated CentOS 8 to AlmaLinux 8 using the alma migration scripts and all currently seems ok.
Using ELavate does run risks and doing a fresh install usually suggested. Although given they have appeared to have pulled CentOS 8 in Lightsail with no mention at all, this is impossible at the moment.
AlmaLinux 8 is not a supported OS included as part of the following documentation so this can lead to unexpected behavior and may cause issues with starting or using your system. I would strongly recommend taking a backup or snapshot of your existing configuration prior to attempting any upgrades and scheduling appropriate downtime so you are able to revert as necessary.
From spinning up the 'WHM & cPanel' blueprint within LightSail this is running AlmaLinux 8.8, so go figure why the LightSail team are not at this moment in time able to make it an 'OS' option instead of just 'App+OS' offering.
- asked 9 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a month ago
- How do I assign a static hostname to an Amazon EC2 instance that runs RHEL 7, 8, or 9, or CentOS 7, 8, or 9?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 5 days ago