This is an issue related to file encoding, especially when opened with CMD or Powershell.
To fix this issue, you need to change the file encoding to "UTF-8". To achieve this, try opening the ".ssh/config" file using Notepad++ or VSCode, and on the bottom right, click on the current encoding of the file. Then, update it to "UTF-8".
This should resolve the issue. And, in case it doesn't, try to copy the content of the ssh config and create a new file, making sure it has UTF-8 encoding.
- Accepted Answerasked a year ago
- asked 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 months ago
- Where can I find SSH login credentials so that I can connect to my Lightsail instance from an SSH client?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 7 months ago