Hello, you can check this page section "ALTER TABLE CHANGE COLUMN" (Changes the name, type, order or comment of a column).
It looks like it would be:
ALTER TABLE my_iceberg_table CHANGE COLUMN old_column_name new_column_name
You need to use
CHANGE and include the same type for the rename.
ALTER TABLE <my_iceberg_table> CHANGE <old_column_name> <new_column_name> <current_type>;
I had to do this yesterday, it's dumb but it works.
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 3 months ago