The tooltip actually talks about validating the token, i.e., the header, before sending it to Cognito. I do not think it makes a lot of sense to use it for a Cognito authorizer. It makes more sense when using a Lambda authorizer to make sure that the header contains the value in the right format. This will save you cost in the cases the format is invalid and then API Gateway will not invoke the function.
sorry I wasn't able to help, removing my answer
- asked a year ago
- asked 3 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- A Brief Primer to Onboarding Data To a Healthcare and Life Sciences Data Mesh Leveraging AWS ServicesEXPERTpublished 7 months ago
- EXPERTpublished a month ago
Please read the question.