Hi, according to https://aws.amazon.com/athena/pricing/, there is no mention of free tier for Athena.
You will be charged for the Athena cost for bytes scanned and S3 storage and operations costs.
Even if you stay within the realm of S3 free tier (https://aws.amazon.com/pm/serv-s3/), then you still pay based on the number of queries you run in Athena + the data scanned per query.
Indeed, I tried in https://calculator.aws/#/createCalculator/Athena. I could only get a zero costs estimate if I ran less than 2-3 queries per day returning 10MB of data scanned.
Hope it helps ;)
- Accepted Answerasked 5 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 4 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- EXPERTpublished a month ago
- EXPERTpublished 10 days ago