Error log when i try to authenticate my SMTP
I get the below error when i try to authenticate, my word press SMTP using my SES credentials.
This is the error log below, how do i fix this?
Versions: WordPress: 5.9.2 WordPress MS: No PHP: 7.4.27 WP Mail SMTP: 3.3.0
Params: Mailer: smtp Constants: No ErrorInfo: SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: SMTP code: 554 Host: email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com Port: 587 SMTPSecure: tls SMTPAutoTLS: bool(true) SMTPAuth: bool(true)
Server: OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019
Debug: Email Source: WP Mail SMTP Mailer: Other SMTP SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: SMTP code: 554
SMTP Debug: 2022-03-17 22:48:33 Connection: opening to email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:587, timeout=300, options=array()
2022-03-17 22:48:33 Connection: opened
2022-03-17 22:48:33 SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-d-BCF0QJ2IG JBrz7mJEs78kGQwGHZFv
2022-03-17 22:48:33 CLIENT -> SERVER: EHLO
2022-03-17 22:48:33 SERVER -> CLIENT: 250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com250-8BITMIME250-STARTTLS250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN250 Ok
2022-03-17 22:48:33 CLIENT -> SERVER: STARTTLS
2022-03-17 22:48:33 SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 Ready to start TLS
From this error:
Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: SMTP code: 554 Host: email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com Port: 587 SMTPSecure: tls SMTPAutoTLS: bool(true) SMTPAuth: bool(true)
It looks like there may be a configuration issue within SES. Can you confirm that the email address you're attempting to send from is verified within SES?
Here's some troubleshooting steps taken from this doc: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/ses-554-400-message-rejected-error/
To resolve 554 or 400 "Message rejected" errors with the message "Email address is not verified," check the following:
- Open the Amazon SES console. Confirm that the identity that you're sending emails from has a verification status of verified, not pending or failure. If your identity is stuck in the pending state, see What can I do if my domain is stuck in the "pending verification" status or in the "failed" verification status in Amazon SES?
- If your email address is verified, check that the email address on the message that resulted in the "Message rejected" error is correct. Email addresses are case-sensitive. The email address that you used to send the message must match your verified email address.
- Check whether your account is in the Amazon SES sandbox for the AWS Region that you're using to send emails. If your account is in the Amazon SES sandbox, then you must verify the recipient email address in addition to verifying your sender identity. Or, you can request to move your account out of the Amazon SES sandbox.
Note: If you're using sending authorization policies to delegate sending on behalf of your Amazon SES identity to a non-verified email address, then the delegate sender account must be out of the Amazon SES sandbox. For more information, see Moving out of the Amazon SES sandbox.
- Confirm that your email-sending method is using the correct AWS Region. Email identity verification is separate for each Region. You must verify the identity that you use to send emails in each Region that you want to send emails from.
- Confirm that you're connecting to the correct Amazon SES endpoint. Amazon SES has endpoints in several Regions. You must communicate with the endpoint for the Amazon SES SMTP interface or the Amazon SES API in the correct Region.
For more information on issues that can lead to errors when using Amazon SES, see Amazon SES email sending errors.
Amazon Login not working for AWS Skill BuilderAccepted Answerasked 2 months ago
how do i fix my SMTP error on my WP site?
Error log when i try to authenticate my SMTP
Networking Error on S3 management consoleasked a year ago
Failed to communicate with the Amplify CLI. You can try again by runningasked 8 days ago
Windows Server RDP errorasked 2 months ago
RDS MS SQL dbmail - limited to AWS SES only???asked 4 months ago
Java SMTP forced to use TLSv1asked 10 months ago
Error when trying to import package installed using lambda layer on nodejs14 ES module enabled lambda functionasked 3 months ago
Blazor and Cognitoasked a year ago