Aurora serverless is currently not publicly accessible.
I advise you to launch a bastion host and direct traffic through SSH tunneling.
Steps to install bastion host:
- Launch an Amazon Linux EC2 instance.
- Configure your EC2 configurations.
- Edit the security group for your existing Aurora MySQL serverless db instance and add SSH for port 22. Add a self-referencing security group which will be of type MySQL/Aurora and the source will be sg-id (The security group id).
Steps to install MySQL software on EC2 instance:
- Login the EC2 instance.
- Enter the following command, this will install MySQL software on your EC2 instance.
sudo yum install mysql
- Now check connectivity from your EC2 instance to your Aurora MySQL serverless instance
mysql -h <db endpoint> -u <username> -p
- Enter password
If your database instance fails to connect, check your security group.
Launch MySQL workbench and configure the appropriate settings:
- Create new Connection.
- Enter a connection name and select Standard TCP/IP over SSH for Connection Method.
- For SSH Hostname, enter your EC2 instance public DNS endpoint.
- For SSH Username, enter ec2-user.
- For SSH Key File, select the path you downloaded your EC2 instance .pem file.
- For MySQL hostname, Enter your Aurora MySQL endpoint and port number.
- Add your username and password.
These steps will allow you to successfully access your Aurora MySQL serverless db instance through MySQL Workbench.
I hope this helps.
Update: Didn't work
Aurora Serverless MySQL to access the binlog or Activity Streamsasked 10 months ago
TLS 1.2 + Aurora Serverless MySqlAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Cannot connect remotely to serverless Aurora MySQLasked 3 years ago
moving rds aurora serverless from Public subnet to private subnet within same VPCasked 4 months ago
Connecting to Aurora PostgreSQL serverless v2 from lambdaasked 3 months ago
Recommended way to interact with Aurora Serverless v2 without public accessasked 3 months ago
Aurora Serverless v2 without VPCasked 5 months ago
Make aurora serverless accessible from the internetasked 3 years ago
Migration from Aurora to Aurora Serverless?Accepted Answerasked 3 years ago
RDS - Aurora Serverless - is that possible to Migrate from Aurora Serverless to Aurora Provisioned ???Accepted Answerasked 12 days ago