We currently support in-place major version upgrade for Aurora PostgreSQL 9.6 to 10 as part of the Aurora PostgreSQL console and API; we are working to add support for 10 to 11 later this year.
-Kevin J (PM for Aurora PostgreSQL)
Hi Kevin ,
Thanks for the response. Will AWS also support in-place major version upgrade for Aurora PostgreSQL 11 to 12 ( Once Version 12 is available in Aurora). ? Or in future does it support in-place major version upgrade for Aurora PostgreSQL from any major version to other major version?
This will make our strategy to move to Aurora PostgreSQL more clear which lead to better decision to move to Aurora PostgreSQL.
Edited by: DipankarAws100Per on Jul 7, 2020 3:59 PM
In general, we target supporting in-place major version upgrade (MVU) between PostgreSQL major versions for both Aurora PostgreSQL and RDS for PostgreSQL. We are targeting support for MVU to all supported major versions of PostgreSQL in Aurora PostgreSQL, and when we add support for a new major version, we will add support for MVU to that version either concurrently or as soon as possible afterwards.
Thanks very much
- asked 4 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- Why does my Aurora PostgreSQL-Compatible instance have high CPU utilization after a major version upgrade?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I troubleshoot issues with major version upgrades in Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL and Aurora for PostgreSQL?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 3 months ago