Dear AWS Customer,
Hope you are in good health.
After going through the post, I understand that you would like to know if you can change the access from Public to Private for RDS custom database based on the requirement.
Please correct me if I misunderstood your query.
Answering your Query :
- Can we switch/Change RDS Custom database Public and Private access types after creating RDS custom database ?
Ans : Yes, you can modify the RDS Custom DB after creation from Public access to Private access (vice-versa). Its completely possible. Please refer below steps :
AWS RDS Console -> Modify -> Connectivity -> Additional configuration -> Publicly accessible/Not Publicly accessible.
Kindly see the attached snapshots.
If you are looking for updating the access through VPC of the DB from DB Subnet groups , Please refer below document for more details :
For any technical queries while creation/modification of the DB instances, kindly create a Support ticket from below link :
[+] Creating support cases and case management - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awssupport/latest/user/case-management.html
I hope the information provided above was helpful !
Have a great Day !
- asked a month ago
- Accepted Answerasked 7 months ago
- asked 10 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 24 days ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How can I connect to a private Amazon RDS DB instance from a local machine using an Amazon EC2 instance as a bastion host?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- How can I move an Amazon RDS DB instance from a public subnet to private subnet within the same VPC?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- How can I send email using the Amazon SES feature when my RDS for SQL Server instance is in either a public or private subnet?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 8 months ago
Hi Thanks for reply, but provided solution is looks like for RDS and not for RDS custom.
We tried to follow the same steps, but unable to find Public and Private options.
How to find AWS RDS Console -> Modify -> Connectivity -> Additional configuration -> Publicly accessible/Not Publicly accessible.