It is not exactly clear what your issue is. But you can use the AWS console to describe both the green instances and the blue green deployment to see what step is currently in provisioning.
This can happen when your source cluster has too old of a version. If you cannot select your current version when creating a new cluster then this might be the issue. Either upgrade your source database cluster to a newer version or file for an exclusion request with support.
- Accepted Answerasked 9 months ago
- How do I upgrade my Elastic Beanstalk environment platform from a deprecated or retired version to the latest version?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago
We have same issue with Aurora Mysql 5.7 and instance type r6g.large , deployment stuck in Provisioning ( Status - Creating read replica of source in Progress) .
We deleted the replica in the blue deployment and recreate the blue/green deployment and create the replica afterwards once deployed, everything works.