Step 1 looks to be concerned with Cfn that provisions the resources. Have you completed step 2? It looks like Step 2 discusses how to access, unlock, and customize the Jenkins server.
Hi! Good question.
A couple things to verify from step 1:
- Where are you connecting to the Jenkins server from when you try to SSH?
- When you say route all traffic 0.0.0.0/0 to the Internet Gateway, are you referring to ingress (inbound) or egress (outbound)?
- Does the Jenkins server have the proper Security Group allowing ingress for both Web Traffic (from where you are going to access the Jenkins server) and SSH traffic?
- Is the Jenkins server properly setup in a public subnet as per the values provided here: https://third-party-integration-codebuild-codedeploy-plugins.workshop.aws/en/create.html? 172.31.32.0/20 is part of a Private Address space (RFC 1918).
In Step 2, to configure the Jenkins server, you will need to do the following:
- Try looking in /var/jenkins_home/secrets/initialAdminPassword as well for the password.
Do you have port 80 for http or port 443 for https open for the user you are using to access the server in your browser?
Move dockerized Jenkins server to AWSAccepted Answerasked 3 years ago
Deleted Jenkins custom action type, now receiving errorsasked 5 years ago
Jenkins installed on EC2 instance, but, it doesn't seem to work. Jenkins status says active but nothing runs on port 8080asked 7 months ago
Private Subnet to kick-off Jenkins agentasked 2 days ago
The following resource(s) failed to create: [CitrixCloudConnectors]asked 4 months ago
Help needed to create CI/CD pipeline with Jenkinsasked 9 months ago
Does the Jenkins plugin for CodeBuild work with OpenShift provided Jenkins Docker images?Accepted Answerasked 3 years ago
Experience with Cloudformation Plugin for JenkinsAccepted Answerasked 7 years ago
Issue with CDK version v1 running on CICD image serverasked 3 months ago
On Bitnami's Jenkins Run Docker Commands in Jenkins shell ubuntuAccepted Answerasked 3 years ago