I understand that you need information on the steps to setup Debian LAMP extras file for the Debian image similar to the help found with Amazon Linux 2 extras command "sudo amazon-linux-extras install -y lamp-mariadb10.2-php7.2 php7.2".
I have found that Debian setup differs as there is no straight forward command to setup LAMP and to add the package repository to Debian since debian does not support linux extras to say , below I outlined steps that can be followed to Install LAMP on Debian, further more you can follow the documentation .
- Updating the Debian Linux, run:
sudo -- sh -c 'apt update && apt upgrade'
- Install Apache, execute:
sudo apt install apache2
- Update the Firewall and open port 80 and 443, run:
sudo ufw allow in "WWW Full"
- Set up MariaDB:
sudo apt install mariadb-server
- Secure your MariaDB server, type:
- PHP installation:
sudo apt install php libapache2-mod-php php-gd php-mysql
I hope you find this information helpful.
Have a great day ahead.
** Please note that I personally value your feedback, please accept this answer if you find it helpful to you. **
- asked 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- How can I upgrade my standard Amazon Linux 2 kernel version 4.14.x to Amazon Linux Extras kernel versions?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I install a software package from the Extras Library on an EC2 instance running Amazon Linux 2?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago