It is important to understand that even when you configure a lambda function to be VPC enabled, the lambda functions don't actually run inside the customer's VPC. Lambda functions run inside a VPC and AWS account owned by the Lambda service team. The VPC enabled flag only allows lambda functions to connect to resources inside a customer's VPC. You can read up more about this here - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/configuration-vpc.html
So when a lambda function gets invoked by an SQS event source, SQS is not connecting to the lambda service using the customer's VPC. So you should be good.
- How to allow a Lambda that is inside a private VPC to make a GET request to a Regional API in API GatewayAccepted Answerasked 3 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- How can I troubleshoot connectivity to an Amazon RDS DB instance that uses a public or private subnet of a VPC?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How can I move an Amazon RDS DB instance from a public subnet to a private subnet within the same VPC?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a month ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago