What happens when you try to connect ? Connection times out ? If that's the case then you can't reach the RDS Instance from your network.
Would you mind to answer some questions ?
- In which type of subnet your instance is ? Public or Private ?
- Are you connected to any kind of VPN ?
Security Groups and the RDS Allow Public Access option are not the only things that can prevent you from reaching the instance.
You must make sure that your instance is reachable from the outside and that it can reach the outside too:
- Check for Network ACLs. NACLs are stateless, which means that you must allow inbound AND outbound traffic (by default they allow everything).
- Check if you have Internet and Nat Gateways properly configured. You can't leave your VPC without them (or at least the IgW).
- Check your VPC's Route Tables. Your instance packets must be forwarded to a gateway (either ig or ng depending on the subnet).
ps: You wouldn't need any of these if you have a direct connection or vpn access to the vpc and if that's the case then you can access the instance privately.
If this doesn't help you, please answer the questions so I can help you better.
Here's the error message I get from Workbench when I try to connect to the database: AWS / MySQL Workbench failure
When you say you have added your local computer IP address. Do you mean it’s local IP? If so, you actually need to allow your public broadband IP address of your router. You can find your IP address you need to add here. https://whatismyipaddress.com/
Add that Ip address to your security group rules.
- asked 7 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I use Amazon RDS Proxy to connect to my Amazon RDS for MySQL DB instance or Aurora MySQL-Compatible DB cluster?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- How do I troubleshoot access errors that I receive when I try to connect to my Amazon RDS or Amazon Aurora MySQL DB cluster?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago