Hello, You ve got a direct Link to the answer that is in one of the FAQ's. Link- https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/ec2-ssh-best-practices/ Link2- https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-key-pairs.html Few of the summarized Do's are as below:
- Rotate SSH keys regularly.
- Create Key Pairs Using Passphrase.
- Enable Google Authenticator based MFA for SSH.
- Change SSH from port 22 to a non standard port.
- Do not keep private keys in temp or home directories.
- Do not keep unused EC2 key pairs.
- Create individual IAM users using unique credentials. Thanks and hopefully this will help you achieve the best practices with respect to AWS-EC2-Key pair.
Connect Windows 10 WorkSpace to Amazon Linux 2 EC2 Instanceasked 5 months ago
EC2 Linux instance unresponsible/unreachableasked 4 months ago
I was trying to use conda env create command in amazon linux 2 in an EC2 instance, it is taking forever at "Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): \"asked 4 months ago
LOGIN INTO LINUX KALI EC2 INSTANCE FAILUREasked 5 months ago
In place upgrade from Amazon Linux 2 to AL2022asked a month ago
A new EC2 instance is created after termination of the only instanceAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Change platform of EC2 instanceasked 6 months ago
Best practice of using Keypair, in EC2asked 8 months ago
php 7.4 for Linux AMI 1asked a year ago
Get/Reset root password on a Linux EC2 instanceAccepted Answerasked 4 months ago