I understand that you want to install AWS Replication Agent and you are getting an error "error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object". Does your source server meet all the minimum requirements as described in this guide? On your Linux source server make sure that you have:
- at least 2Gb of free disk space on your root (/) directory,
- at least 500Mb of free disk space on your /tmp directory and,
- ensure that your /tmp directory is mounted with read, write and exec permissions.
If your /tmp directory does not have permission to execute scripts, you may encounter this error. To remove noexec on the mounted /tmp directory run the following command:
sudo mount /tmp -o remount,exec
Here is a short video on how solve this issue.
I hope this will help you.
I checked everything again and found, that my /tmp directory is mounted wich "noexec"
Problem solved with "sudo mount /tmp -o remount,exec".
The installation of agent went smoothly
Thank you very much
I am getting this same error on Operating System CentOS v7.9.2009 Product cPanel & WHM v104.0.4 (STANDARD) Is there a solution for this? Thanks.
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished a year ago