Are you trying to SSH from outside or withing your VPC? Meanwhile, check:
- your IGW config
- your IGW is attached to the VPC
- your public subnet where you launched instance
- your network ACL
from another previously booted normal machine within the same VPC
Is the source machine in the same subnet? Are you using the default network ACL?
Please try these:
- Check your outbound rules and make sure you're allowing return traffic (configured in the inbound rules); remember network ACL aren't stateful as SG.
- Check your subnet associations.
- For the Source & Destination (port 22) host in the same VPC, please try running the Reachability Analyzer and share the result.
- With the Source as IGW & Destination host (port 22), run the Reachability Analyzer and share the result.
Migration of EC2, EBS-Backed instances to VPC - Issuesasked 2 days ago
Port 80 (HTTP) and Port 443 (HTTPS) stopped working for all my EC2 instances of ap-south-1 Region (including any new instance i launch in this region)asked 5 months ago
VPC peering with a VPC from a different AWS Organization - cost implicationsAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Oregon's multiple VPC run instances ,remote connection failureasked a month ago
Anything on the roadmap for this limitation "You cannot reference the security group of a peer VPC that's in a different Region. Instead, use the CIDR block of the peer VPC."asked 2 months ago
Errors migrating EC2 classic instances to VPCasked a month ago
Redshift Enhanced VPC Routing and Cross-Region COPY and UNLOAD commandsAccepted Answerasked a month ago
Hybrid Instances using SSM VPC Endpointsasked 2 years ago
Bare Metal instances with KVMAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Unable to ssh into aws ec2 instances.asked 13 days ago