Thanks for reaching out, Tim here with Support Engineering.
When you started step function local did you use the JAR method or the docker method?
When you started it up, did you run into any of the following error messages?
2022-07-20 16:33:28.828: Failed to load credentials from environment because Unable to load AWS credentials from environment variables (AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID (or AWS_ACCESS_KEY) and AWS_SECRET_KEY (or AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY))
2022-07-20 16:33:28.865: Failed to load credentials from profile: default because profile file cannot be null
2022-07-20 16:33:28.865: Failed to load credentials from system properties because Unable to load AWS credentials from Java system properties (aws.accessKeyId and aws.secretKey)
2022-07-20 16:33:28.865: Failed to load credentials, default to dummy credentials, so any connection to AWS services will not work, connections to local endpoints are not affected.
If you did, did you follow the documentation at these steps (one is for the JAR method to provide credentials and the other is for docker):
to provide credentials into the system?
Could you also try to perform this test on the cloud resources and not local? That would potentially give us an idea with some execution logs as to what is occurring and isolate if it's a step function local, docker, or state machine item and helps chops up and pinpoint the issue a bit more.
Hi Tim, thank you for the response. Here are the answers to your queries:
- We use docker for setting up Step Function locally
- No I do not see any of the errors mentioned while setting up locally
- Yes, I have
aws-stepfunctions-local-credentials.txtfile which looks like this:
I have also tried putting
AWS_SESSION_TOKEN=test to the above file, but no luck.
- I have tried a similar nested workflow in the testing AWS environment and the entire workflow finishes successfully.
Thanks for following up!
Could you share the command you're using to start step function local?
- Accepted Answerasked 5 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 months ago
- How do I use an Amazon EventBridge rule to trigger an AWS Step Function state machine on an S3 upload?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 22 days ago