For the BatchMeterUsage integration to work properly, please note the following:
- Your SaaS product MUST either have the pricing model “SaaS Subscription” or “SaaS Contract with Consumption”.
- Your SaaS product MUST have a single billing dimension called “apigateway”.
- If you are listing a “SaaS Contract with Consumption” pricing model, this dimension MUST be an “out-of-contract” (or overage) dimension (see pricing page in SaaS product submission tool). Please note that API Gateway is not aware of any “gifted” or “included” units. All usage will be automatically sent to the “apigateway” dimension.
- Please note that API Gateway cannot report to other dimensions. It only reports to the single “apigateway” dimension. This means that all endpoints if enabled will be reported to and billed on that single dimension.
- Your API Gateway MUST be in the seller account and have proper permission.
- Your API Gateway MUST first have a Usage Plan setup that is associated with the AWS Marketplace product code.
- When a new user onboards to your SaaS product/landing page, you must first retrieve their marketplace Customer ID using the ResolveCustomer API. You MUST then create an API key for the user with their Customer ID in API Gateway and add the API key to the Usage Plan associated with your marketplace product. This is NOT automatically done and requires you to implement this logic. If one is already created, you can retrieve it and filter by the Customer ID.
- When your customer calls the API Gateway endpoints, they MUST use their API key.
If you have followed ALL 8 points above, API Gateway should report every hour or so if there are usage.
You can confirm that BatchMeterUsage was called by using AWS CloudTrail in your seller account. Please note that CloudTrail is an opt-in service that stores logs in S3 and there is generally a 15-minute delay for logs to show up.
How do I encrypt the payload from an API Gateway endpoint?asked 2 months ago
AWS API Gateway with Amazon Cognito User Pools as authorizerAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Can you have two API Gateway API methods integrate with Lambda functions in different VPCs?Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Is it possible to bill the marketplace customer for batch jobs executed in the seller account ?asked 8 months ago
As a seller, how do I integrate AWS API Gateway with my AWS Marketplace SaaS listing?Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
How can we retrieve the free trial information for any subscription by the customer through AWS Marketplace.Accepted Answerasked 2 months ago
Handel custom header in AWS API Gateway ?Accepted Answerasked 6 months ago
AWS marketplace token generation for CI/CD testsasked 9 months ago
All permissions API gateway integrate SQS, POST returns queue AccessDeniedasked 4 years ago
Monetize API Gateway without using MarketplaceEXPERTasked a year ago