Creating an EC2 instance provides multiple options to name your instance as well as allocate tags. When an instance is launched, the name can be assigned to the instance as seen in this image.
Then you can create additional tags by clicking on the link next to the text box of instance name.
Everything that @rePost-User-venky says above is correct, additionally if you've already launched your instances and they have tags but you still can't see them, in the AWS console click on the gear wheel icon just under the orange "Launch Instances" button:
In the preferences panel that comes up, make sure that Name is specified in the Tags section:
- Why is my EC2 instance not displaying as a managed node or showing a "Connection lost" status in Systems Manager?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- EXPERTpublished a month ago
- EXPERTpublished 5 months ago