Build Catalogue Limit
I am aware of the game build catalogue limits ("The build catalog can store the maximum of 1,000 builds or 100GB of storage.").
I am just wondering if someone can provide clarity on what happens after either of those limits are reached? Do old builds need to manually be removed, or is there some options in place to cycle out oldest as new builds come in.
what happens after either of those limits are reached?
When those limits are reached, you will run into a
ConflictException with an error message like
Current limit of builds of 1000 have been reached. or
Account is currently over limit. Current total size: 100.12GB. Allowed total size: 100.00GB.
Ideally, this should be
LimitsExceededException, but the service is quite old and we cannot change it anymore to be backwards compatible.
Do old builds need to manually be removed, or is there some options in place to cycle out oldest as new builds come in.
Nope, GameLift does not offer such mechanism intentionally, because it's very risky to delete something on behalf of the customer (False positives could be costly).
It's straightforward to do this by yourself though. You can write a scheduled job (e.g. a cloudwatch scheduled event triggering a lambda function every N days) that does the following:
- Call ListBuild to get all of your build
- Iterate through the resulting Builds (you'll likely need to paginate multiple pages), get the Build's Version or CreationTime.
- Compare the value with your cutoff version or cutoff date, if too stale, call DeleteBuild to delete the build. The cutoff version/date could be set as lambda environment variable to enable easy editing.
- Deletion by CreationTime is not recommended, because some of your build could be old but might still be useful.
- DeleteBuild has a API rate limit of 4TPS burst and 1TPS sustained, so please add a rate limiter to ensure no more than 1 DeleteBuild is called per second, or you will get throttling exceptions.
- If needed, you could also setup monitors to alert you when you have more than N builds (e.g. 700, or 70% of your capacity), and manually drive an aggressive cleanup if needed.
Thank you! This makes sense.
CodeBuild build trigger not checking if the source actually changed?Accepted Answerasked 6 months ago
Build Catalogue Limitasked 10 months ago
How can I hide the mouse cursor with a release build?Accepted Answerasked 5 years ago
What is the maximum number of alb rules available on requestasked 3 months ago
I would like to know easy way to start from the first line of log for the code-build execution (either in code-build console or cloudwatch-log console)asked 2 months ago
AWS Console Build Problemasked 3 years ago
Build numbers in application titleAccepted Answerasked 5 years ago
WorkSpaces build automation with Service CatalogAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Build failed to start. The following error occurred: Cannot have more than 0 builds in queue for the accountasked 2 months ago
Cannot have more than 0 active builds - AccountLimitExceededExceptionasked 5 years ago