Good afternoon! You need to create a green database with the same MySQL version, and then perform a major version upgrade on the green database once it's created. This is because your database is using custom option groups. To do this
- Select your database in RDS
- Create Blue/Green Deployment
- Select the same engine version for the green database as the blue database (Not MySQL 8)
- Once the blue green deployment is created and both Blue and Green databases are available, select the green database and then Modify -> Engine Version to MySQL 8.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
- asked a month ago
- Accepted Answerasked a month ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- How do I upgrade my Elastic Beanstalk environment platform from a deprecated or retired version to the latest version?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 8 months ago