Yes, you can change the remote-as by modify the customer gateway of your Site-to-Site VPN connection using the Amazon VPC console. Summarized steps listed below, please reference this document(1) for more details.
- Open the Amazon VPC console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/vpc/.
- In the navigation pane, choose Customer Gateways.
- Create a NEW Customer Gateway with desired NEW AS number.
- In the navigation pane, choose Site-to-Site VPN Connections.
- Select the Site-to-Site VPN connection and then choose Actions, Modify VPN Connection.
- For Target Type, choose Customer Gateway.
- For Target Customer Gateway ID, choose the ID for the customer gateway created in step3 with NEW AS number that you want to use for the connection.
Please keep in mind, after you change the customer gateway, your Site-to-Site VPN connection will be temporarily unavailable for a brief period while we provision the new endpoints.
Modify the remote-as which is found in the downloaded configuration file
Modify the remote-as which is found in the downloaded configuration file is not possible. To summarize, modifying ASN information for an existing Transit Gateway is not possible.
We need to create a new Transit Gateway with desired ASN, and attach the desired VPC to the newly created TGW.
Additionally, the VPN connection target type needs to be updated to the newly created TGW.
Once, the VPN connection target type is updated, it will be automatically associated with the NEW TGW route table .
On-prem routes learned via VPN BGP session will be propagated to the NEW TGW route table.
Lastly, we need to update the entry in the VPC subnet route table that contains the transit gateway ID to the new transit gateway ID. You can reference this document(1) for more details.
(1) Modifying a Site-to-Site VPN connection's target gateway https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vpn/latest/s2svpn/modify-vpn-target.htm (2) Quotas for your transit gateways https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vpc/latest/tgw/transit-gateway-quotas.html
How can I make a third-party cloud vpn connection?asked 2 months ago
Controling BGP Route Propagation in Transit GatewayAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Is it possible to set up a dynamic routing connection to AWS through a site-to-site VPN via a vendor?Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Multicast support with a VPC and Transit Gateway (TGW)Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
Is possible to set up the BGP pass on a S2S VPN connectionAccepted Answerasked 5 months ago
With a Site-to-Site VPN, how can I set the neighbor remote-as BGP to something other than 65000?Accepted Answerasked 8 months ago
Routing to a prefix from TGW through a primary and secondary datacenter VPN connection pathAccepted Answerasked 2 years ago
How do we correctly link the DC Gateway into the VPC, is a VG required?Accepted Answerasked a year ago
AWS Transit Gateway Site-to-Site VPN Dynamic routes limit of 100. Is it per Connection or Aggregate?Accepted AnswerEXPERTasked 2 years ago
How can we connect a Sagemaker Studio user to a gitlab repo within a private VPN?Accepted Answerasked 8 months ago