[Announcement] Announcing an updated Elastic Beanstalk Command Line Interface (EB CLI v3)
We are pleased to announce a new version of the AWS Elastic Beanstalk command line interface (EB CLI).
The new version adds the following additional capabilities,
- Easier installation experience, install with ‘pip install awsebcli’.
- Deployments no longer require the use of git (it remains a supported option for git users).
- Better management of your environment’s configuration. Configuration options are no longer stored locally, allowing teams to collaborate on shared environments.
- Improved status, events, and logs support.
- Ability to clone environments, including configuration and environment variables.
- Ability to get and set environment variables.
- Ability to scale your environment manually, if necessary.
- Ability to open the application and the AWS Management Console in a web-browser from the CLI directly
- SSH support, including the ability to create and upload SSH keys to EC2
To install the new version of the EB CLI, see Installing the AWS EB CLI. To learn more about the commands and options available, see EB CLI Command Reference. To get started with the CLI, let’s create a simple “Hello World!” application,
$ mkdir HelloWorld $ cd HelloWorld $ eb init –p PHP $ echo “Hello World!” > index.html $ eb create dev-env $ eb open
To learn more about the platforms supported by AWS Elastic Beanstalk, see AWS Elastic Beanstalk Supported Platforms.
The AWS Elastic Beanstalk Team
This is an announcement migrated from AWS Forums that does not require an answer
CSP Issue when uploading new version in Elastic Beanstalkasked 6 months ago
Elastic Beanstalk upgrade (Php8) - Memcache errorasked 3 months ago
[Announcement] Announcing Amazon Elastic File System Replicationasked 5 months ago
elastic beanstalkasked 3 months ago
Error "Unable to create the application version" in elastic beanstalkasked 5 months ago
Can't access Elastic Beanstalk configuration pageasked 5 months ago
[Announcement] Announcing an updated Elastic Beanstalk Command Line Interface (EB CLI v3)asked 8 years ago
Elastic Beanstalk (AL2) Memory usageAccepted Answerasked 4 months ago
Setting minor version of elastic beanstalk node.js platformAccepted Answerasked 7 months ago
Customizing the Docker Run Command on Elastic Beanstalkasked 3 months ago