I understand you faced precheck errors when trying to upgrade Aurora version from 2.x to 3.x. The errors messages you shared here is related to known issue that due to pending DDL updates corresponding to Fast DDL operations listed below. [+] https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/AuroraMySQL.Managing.FastDDL.html#AuroraMySQL.Managing.FastDDL-v2This feature is depreciated in all Mysql 8.0 compatible Aurora versions. Hence, it is necessary to apply these pending DDL updates to be able to upgrade to 3.<> version.
Please try to run optimize table command on all the tables in 5.7 source cluster (on which DDL queries were executed) and then took the snapshot again. Running optimize table will basically empty all the 5 history tables mentioned above which were erroring out. You can then restore the snapshot to aurora mysql 8.0.
Note: I would suggest to test on a test environment by restoring a cluster from 5.7 snapshot and run commands before applying to production environment.
mysql>optimize table <table name>;
- asked 6 months ago
- asked 4 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 months ago
- How can I migrate from provisioned Aurora to Aurora Serverless, or from Aurora Serverless to provisioned Aurora?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago