Instance finally stopped and was able to be started again.
Can I request you to try the following:
- Filter your EC2 instance in the EC2 dashboard using instance-id
- Select your instance, click on Actions => Monitor and troubleshoot => Get system log
- The system log will give you leads onto why your instance is still stuck in the stopping state
- Please do share the system log as an attachment if possible
Regards, Ramu Mohan Srinivasan Radhakrishnan
Can you help me with additional information ?
- In which AWS region is the EC2 instance located ?
- Are you able to connect to this instance from your local computer using Windows/PuTTY and /or Linux/SSH using a keypair ?
- Can you check if there are any ongoing issues in the AWS region the instance is located by visiting AWS Service Health dashboard https://status.aws.amazon.com and then navigating to the region specific tab ?
EC2 Instance Stuck In "Stopping" Stateasked a year ago
Server stuck StoppingAccepted Answerasked a year ago
How to stop instance stuck in stoppingAccepted Answerasked a month ago
Instance stuck in Stopping state.asked 3 years ago
Instance i-09e40ed2e3967760d is stuck in stopping stateasked a year ago
Lightsail Instance Status Unkonwn - Stuck in stopping stateasked 3 years ago
EC2 Instance Stuck in "stopping" stateasked 3 years ago
EC2 instance stuck stoppingasked 2 years ago
Instance i-d7013076 was stuck. I thought software problem. Stopped. Now stuck at stopping.asked 2 months ago
EC2 instance stuck in stopping stateasked 8 months ago