It is possible to customize the DynamoDB used by Kinesis Data Streams... You can reduce cost in different ways like provisioned throughput - you can define your own RCU and WCU that is reserved by the dynamo table. Also, You can use data retention after a specific period if not needed. Reduce the number of GSIs. Also, do the capacity planning correctly, and do not over-provision or use Dynamo autoscaling...
You can also go with some other solution as per your requirement with S3 and Redshift. But DDB is good as it is NoSql.
- Accepted Answerasked 9 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- How do I stream log data from CloudWatch Logs to a cross-Region and cross-account Kinesis data stream?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 4 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 2 days ago
- EXPERTpublished 5 months ago