When testing Direct Connect (DX) type of connections, there are multiple aspects to check:
- Redundancy: Ensure that the connections are redundant. How they terminated within or across DX location determines what level of redundancy that can be achieved. See AWS Direct Connect Resiliency Recommendations
- Backup: Ensure you have backup path over VPN (Internet) when all DX connections are down. This should be part of backup link testing.
- Failover convergence and recovery of traffic testing: Test how much time is getting elapsed after a given connection is down and before a new path is available for the traffic
- Bandwidth, throughput, latency: Tools like iperf can be useful. You may have to run those tests with parallel streams (-P parameter) to measure full performance, for 10Gbps connections and run them long enough (for e.g., ~10mins).
- Accepted Answerasked 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I influence my Direct Connect connection network traffic path to on-premises over multiple circuits?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 7 months ago