AWS Marketplace recommends waiting until you receive the subscribe-success event before launching any resources. I'd wouldn't call it mandatory, but you would be taking on exposure to the cost of the resources you launched on your tenants behalf if their purchase does not complete.
You also need to be sure your SaaS application is able to handle a user arriving at your registration URL before the SNS notification arrives, particularly if that means their resources haven't been provisioned yet. I'd also give some thought to that user experience, and what it will cost for the resources provisioned for a tenant that does not complete their purchase, versus the time to value of a customer who is waiting on the registration URL for those resources after their purchase, from their perspective, is complete.
There is also a discussion on success-status notifications in the Marketplace User Guide Github.
- Accepted Answerasked 6 months ago
- Why is my connection redirected to the reader instance when I try to connect to my Amazon Aurora writer endpoint?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How do I temporarily turn off call recording for security in Amazon Connect when a customer enters sensitive information?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- Why is my AWS Site-to-Site VPN connection in the DOWN IPSEC UP status when the customer gateway is UP?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 8 months ago