Gateway <> Gateway IPSEC VPN is not officially supported. If you need to establish IPSEC VPN between two AWS environments then you can use TGW/VGW on one side and 3rd-party virtual appliance on the other side.
Can you expand more on the use case? As long as both tunnels are setup to be active/active it will provide HA and will work since the AWS side of the VPN will initiate an outgoing connection to the customer gateway (which can be a VGW or TGW). The VGW can only send traffic on one active tunnel at a time and so you would be limited to 1.25Gbps.
However, within AWS there are a number of options for connecting together a VPCs and TGWs (namely a native attachment within a region). Using VPN wouldn't be consider a best practice for such use case.
- Accepted Answerasked 6 months ago
- How do I troubleshoot association issues between my AWS Direct Connect gateway and my virtual private gateway?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- How do I set up IPsec VPN between virtual PfSense router and an AWS-managed VPN endpoint with static routing?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago