I'm having the same issue with an Ubuntu 18.04 instance. The only thing that has worked is to stop the instance, then create an AMI from the stopped instance, then launch a new instance. But after shutting the new instance down, the next start has the exact same problem!
I checked your instance and saw it was terminated.
Also, I checked the console logs and saw that the instance was unable to bring up network interface eth0
I believe there was some config issue with network inside the instance.
In cases on instance level status check failure, it is always requested to check logs inside the instance to get to understand onto what happened. You can refer to more information on the instance check failure as follows:
Types of Status Checks: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/monitoring-system-instance-status-check.html#types-of-instance-status-checks
Hope this helped.
If you have other concerns, reach out to us and we will be happy to help.
Have a nice day !!
Edited by: SatyamSinha-AWS on Mar 4, 2019 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I took the following steps to restore:
- Created a snapshot ( under left pane Elastic Block Store )
- Stopped the running instance.
- In Actions dropdown of Instance clicked on Launch more like this and selected default options
- Under left pane Elastic Block Store clicked on Volumes and then Actions dropdown to Create volume.
- In Actions dropdown of Instance clicked on Manage IPs then after seeing only private IP is allocated, clicked Allocate an Elastic IP and selected ipv4 amazon pool.
- Under Network and Security -> Elastic Ip on left pane associated this new ip to ami id.
7.Terminated the old instance
- Deleted old volume
- Retained snapshot
Edited by: awsnodeuser on Mar 4, 2019 11:38 PM
Edited by: awsnodeuser on Mar 4, 2019 11:39 PM
FWIW, this appears to be the problem I ran into:
Instance reachability check failedasked 2 years ago
Instance reachability check failed (Linux)asked 2 years ago
Getting "Instance reachability check failed" error again and again on Ubuntu 20.04asked a month ago
aws ec2 Instance reachability check failedasked 9 months ago
My EC2 Instance reachability check failedAccepted Answerasked a month ago
System reachability check passed Instance reachability failed!asked 4 years ago
Instance reachability failed!asked 3 years ago
Linux instance has failed its instance check and I cannot connect to itAccepted Answerasked 8 months ago
Instance reachability check failedasked 6 months ago
Can I get email when instance reachability check failedasked 2 years ago