You can enable logical replication by setting the parameter
rds.logical_replication parameter in Cluster Parameter group. There will not be any impact on the existing Aurora replicas/reader instances in the cluster. Additionally, you do not need to add new instances in the cluster just because the logical replication is enabled.
Refer - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/Aurora.Replication.html#Aurora.Replication.AuroraPostgreSQL
Thank you for reaching out. Since you mentioned CDC, I will also recommend you to review this document since it provides guidance on the enabling Logical replication for CDC. [Using a PostgreSQL database as an AWS DMS source - Enabling change data capture (CDC) using logical replication - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/dms/latest/userguide/CHAP_Source.PostgreSQL.html#CHAP_Source.PostgreSQL.Security
Thanks @arnab, the intention is to run CDC indefinitely (i.e we are not just migrating DB), does DMS still solve the problem cleanly and cost effectively?
- Accepted Answerasked 2 months ago
- Accepted Answerasked 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 months ago
- How can I migrate from provisioned Aurora to Aurora Serverless, or from Aurora Serverless to provisioned Aurora?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 days ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- EXPERTpublished a year ago
Thanks for confirming!