Storage Gateway won't load disks
I'm trying to setup a Storage Gateway and the setup is all good until I have to wait for the AWS Console to load up the disks. For context the machine I'm doing this on is Oracle Linux 8.5 and the Gateway is a VM in Ubuntu 18.04. Can't seem to progress because the console simply won't load the disks.
I'm Mike with the Storage Gateway team.
The issue you are describing is can have a lot of causes, so more detail would be needed to give you a solid troubleshooting direction. The issue with recognizing disks may be as simple as first rebooting your gateway VM (to make sure the local OS has recognized the added disks) and then trying the console again. If that doesn't work, I strongly recommend opening a case with premium support if you have a contract with them. If not, please provide the following so we can better understand your environment:
- What Hypervisor are you using? KVM, VMware, or Hyper-V? Since you mention Linux, I suspect a KVM system, but please clarify.
- Are you deploying a File, FSx, Tape, or Volume gateway?
- How many disks have you added to the downloaded gateway image? What size(s)?
- When the gateway VM is running, if you go to the VM console, are you able to pass the network connectivity test? Below I provide the test for file gateway, but all gateway types have a similar test: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/filegateway/latest/filefsxw/manage-on-premises-fgw.html#MaintenanceTestGatewayConnectivity-fgw
- Have you successfully activated the gateway? The console allows for activation without the additional disks and they can be added later.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions I can provide answers to.
Mike H., AWS SGW, SE
Hey Mike, thanks for your reply. I was able to fix the issue quite simply. It seems like the setup was stuck but I went back in the console and clicked the Gateway directly and was able to visualize and assign the disks.
I was able to fix the issue quite simply. It seems like the setup was stuck but I went back in the console and clicked the Gateway directly and was able to visualize and assign the disks.
AWS storage gateway migrationAccepted Answerasked 5 months ago
Does FSx Gatway transfer writes to AWS FSx immediately?asked 6 days ago
Failed to set local disks when trying to setup a new disk for upload bufferasked 3 years ago
Storage Gateway won't load disksasked 11 days ago
AWS Storage Gateway Management Console is not availableasked 2 years ago
AWS VTL GatewayAccepted Answerasked 3 years ago
"You need permissions to perform this action" copying file to storage gat.asked 2 years ago
File Gateway running in Hyper-V on premise fails to start upasked a year ago
EC2 Storage Gateway high availability configurationasked 4 months ago
EC2 File Gateway with ephemeral storage after stop/start cycleasked 3 years ago