Is the instance still running in AWS Console? And if it is, can you select the instance and look in the "Moinitoring" tab - is there anything that looks like a cause for concern in there, such as high CPU utilisation at around the time the instance became unavailable?
A much more extensive list of things to try is at https://repost.aws/knowledge-center/ec2-linux-status-check-failure although admittedly a lot of these troubleshooting steps need access to the host (which you don't have).
It may be that you have no option other than to stop & start the instance. If that's what you have to do then it would be worth installing CloudWatch agent on it so you have more detailed information to work with if this recurs.
- Accepted Answerasked 4 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 7 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a month ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 8 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 13 days ago
- EXPERTpublished 6 months ago