Cloud front is a global CDN but it is managed from the global region of us-east-1.
In order to have a certificate assigned to cloudfront, then you will need to create one in acm also in the same region us-east-1
You will only be able to select cloudfront Diageo’s in us-east-1
The same applies to managing waf for cf. it’s in the global region.
It’s similar for IAM. Its global region is the same.
If this helps please be sure to accept the answer to help others and me.
Yes that is because CloudFront considers us-east-1 as global region. The ACM certificates must be created/imported from here and the same is distributed across all other AWS geographic regions. https://docs.aws.amazon.com/acm/latest/userguide/acm-regions.html
- Accepted Answerasked 6 months ago
- asked 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- How do I resolve the CNAMEAlreadyExists error when I set up a CNAME alias for my CloudFront distribution?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago