I did some research on the error you're receiving. It may be the member accounts within your organization are not permitted to view cost & usage reports, these settings are managed by the payer account & can be changed via the org console. I found these resources that may help you resolve this error:
Also, I suggest taking a look at our documents on replicating objects, for a potential method for your use case:
- Rick N.
So, if looks like you're looking at the legacy "monthly CSV" billing report which is only available at the Payer account level (well, we consider it legacy because we recommend to use CUR instead, as it gets all the new updates and features).
We recommend using CUR (Cost and Usage Report) instead. You can choose to create it and set it up with either hourly, or daily, or monthly granularity. You can even include resource IDs (recommended, but you don't have to do it). You can choose a format - either CSV (text), or Parquet (recommended, as it can for example be queried using SQL in Athena service). AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, you can create those reports at linked account level, too.
So, if you wanted to simply get the version of CUR that would look similar to the Monthly CSV that you are referring to, - you can create it on the linked account, choose CSV format, use monthly granularity, and don't include resource IDs. Note that CUR has much more columns than the monthly CSV report that you're referring to. But it may be a good thing, as it will allow yout to dive deeper into your detailed cost and usage, and observe trends over time.
I hope this helps!
- Accepted Answerasked 3 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- How can I grant access to Cost Explorer for an IAM user with a member account of an AWS Organizations?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- How do I remove a member account from an organization in AWS Organizations when I can't sign in to the member account?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 5 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 9 months ago
- EXPERTpublished a month ago