Cognito is used for Authentication, so it is only used once at the beginning of the session. Once the client gets a token, it uses the same token in all API calls and API Gateway knows how to interpret that token.
There are no caching controls for Cognito authorizers, but it may well be that API Gateway implements one. The best would be to run a test and find out if the latency is too high.
If latency is an issue for the customer, I recommend using the HTTP API which is 60% less latency compared to the REST API (and also costs 70% less).
- Accepted Answerasked 2 years ago
- Accepted Answerasked 6 years ago
- asked 10 months ago
- asked a year ago
- How do I allow API Gateway REST API users to run Lambda using the execution role from an Amazon Cognito user pool group?AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 16 days ago
- EXPERTpublished 6 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 3 months ago